You must understand and accept the following terms and conditions before you buy a trip or rent gear from Nordfjord Aktiv.
Nordfjord Aktiv hosts trips and activities and rent out equipment for activities that seek to give our guests experiences in nature. Our company is governed by The Norwegian Act: Lov om kontroll med produkter og forbrukertjenester (produktkontrolloven) av 11. juni 1976 and its regulations.
The fact that you’re on a trip in the nature, gives both the trip host and the participant different responsibilities. Different types of terrain give different challenges. Changing weather and conditions demands flexibility from both host and participant, and can lead to changes in the scheduled program. If we have time and possibility, we’ll tell you about these changes before departure. We will in any case try to find replacing experiences as close to the planned experiences as possible, and to the same price. Changes or cancellations due to conditions Nordfjord Aktiv can’t control, will not give the right to refunds.
The information provided in this document will together with the description of the bought product, be the contract between buyer and seller.
We are using skilled guides on our trips, but as always when travelling in the nature, there will be a risk of accidents and injuries. As our customer, you must understand and accept these risks, and follow guidelines from our guides to minimize this risk.
- As a participant on our trips, or when renting gear, you are responsible for having a valid, personal travel insurance. Be aware that some travel insurances set limitations to which activities and areas of the world that are covered.
- Our trips require movement in different types of natural environments. You are responsible for being in good enough shape to be able to complete the trips you have signed up for. This is based on the information provided about the trip on Nordfjord Aktiv’s website. If your trip is a customized trip, you will get the information you need by Nordfjord Aktiv. We reserve the right to reject customers not fit for our trips.
- You must notify the guide if you feel unwell during a trip, if you’re afraid/anxious, or if you’re so tired/exhausted that you think you will not be able to finish the trip.
- You are responsible for notifying Nordfjord Aktiv if your contact info changes
- You are responsible for giving Nordfjord Aktiv all information necessary for a tour facilitator.
- You have the duty to follow rules and orders given by Norwegian Authorities, Nordfjord Aktiv and companies/people working for or together with Nordfjord Aktiv.
- You have the duty to behave in ways which doesn’t make other guest or local people uncomfortable.
- If you don’t follow your responsibilities, Nordfjord Aktiv has the right to dismiss any participant from a trip. If so, the participant will have to cover transport expenses and other expenses that occur due to ignoring his/her responsibilities.
Nordfjord Aktiv’s responsibility
- Nordfjord Aktiv is responsible for executing the trip as planned. Exceptions are when circumstances and conditions Nordfjord Aktiv cannot control makes the trip impossible or dangerous.
- Nordfjord Aktiv is responsible for providing skilled guides that can maintain the safety aspect of the trip, and also knows how to convey nature experiences.
- Nordfjord Aktiv is covered by The Norwegian Travel Guarantee Fund, and will follow its responsibility according to that.
Orders, payment, cancellation, complaints and refunds
- Complete cancellation must be done at latest 4 weeks prior to the event if no expenses should apply.
- Cancellation 4-2 weeks before the event: 50% of the full booking value will be billed.
- Cancellation 2-1 weeks before the event: 75% of the full booking value will be billed.
- Cancellation less than 1 week before the event: 100 of the full booking value will be billed.
- Booked, but not used tickets will be billed
- Small adjustments of the number of participants can be done until 1 week before the event.
- The guest is not entitled to a refund if the trip/product is arranged according to the plan, or if an alterative trip/similar product will be arranged.
- The guest is not entitled to a refund if he/she arrives late to the activity, or is leaving the activity early.
- Due to injuries or sickness confirmed by doctor, that prevent you from participate on booked trips, or use rented gear, we refund 90% of the booking value of the injured/sick person. This is subject to that the injury happened between the date of booking and departure.
- Payment is done online when ordering. Group orders can get invoices, but that must be agreed upon during the ordering process. Invoices will be sent by email or EHF
Guests must show receipt for confirmed booking (with QR code) before departure. To reduce the amount of used paper, we suggest you show us the receipt on your phone.
- If you experience any lacks or errors in one of our products, you must tell us right away. If the error is not fixed and you want to make a complaint, you must write it and send it to us latest 1 month after the end of the trip
- If there are different opinions between Nordfjord Aktiv and the customer, it can be brought to a dispute Settlement body and treated according to Norwegian regulations.
- Gift certificates can be used up to one year after being bought. No extensions except if pregnancies, and injuries/sickness confirmed by a doctor have prevented you from using the gift certificate.
- We are storing all personal information according to Norwegian and European laws about privacy, and it will not be shared without permission.
- During trips, guides will often take pictures and videos that might be used for marketing purposes. If you don’t want to appear on these pictures and videos, tell our guide before departure.
Extras for bike rental
- The one renting bikes must be at least 18 years old or have a guardian responsible for renting the bike.
- All biking is on your own responsibility. Nordfjord Aktiv is not responsible for injuries, or loss/damage of personal belongings while renting equipment from us.
- Nordfjord Aktiv is not responsible if the customer cannot use the gear the whole renting period due to poor physical condition, or injuries/sickness that occur while the bike is rented
- We recommend the use of safety equipment. You have the option to borrow a helmet, gloves and knee pads free of charge if you rent a bike from us.
- The customer is responsible for notifying us about, and to cover the costs if the bike is stolen or damaged during the rental period.
- We recommend that you have a valid insurance covering injuries and theft.
- If the bike is returned after the scheduled time, extra fees might apply.
When renting a bike from Nordfjord Aktiv, you have to read and accept NOTS’s «mountain biking code of conduct».
- Be respectful and nice to hikers and other people
- Cyclists must always yield for hikers
- Limit your speed so you’re not a hazard or to disturbance to others. Be especially careful on trails or roads inviting to high speed biking, or where it’s hard to get an overview.
- Slow down to walking speed before you pass others on narrow trails.
- If you don’t have the skills to pass an obstacle on your bike, get off your bike and walk through.
- Avoid biking on especially vulnerable trails after rainy periods
- Don’t make the trails wider by avoiding puddles or obstacles.
- Carry your bike through wet areas and marshland to avoid making new and deep tracks.
- Don’t block your back wheel on steep slopes.
- If two bikers meet in a hill, the one going uphill has the right of way.
Extras for kayak rental
- To be able to rent a kayak from Nordfjord Aktiv, you need to be 18 years old, and have våttkort from the Norwegian paddling association, or similar certification.
- If you have våttkort, or similar certification, you can rent a kayak for one more person that doesn’t have våttkort.
- You have to be prepared that the weather, wind and currents will change, and you should always know your limits.
- When renting gear, you’re responsible for notifying us if any damages on the kayak or safety gear.
- All kayaking is on your own responsibility. Nordfjord Aktiv is not responsible for injuries, or loss/damage of personal belongings while renting equipment from us. Nordfjord Aktiv is not responsible if the customer cannot use the gear the whole renting period due to poor physical condition, or injuries/sickness that occur while the bike is rented.
- We recommend the use of safety equipment. You have the option to rent a spray skirt, paddle, life jacket, and wet/dry suit free of charge.
- You are responsible for treating the nature, paths and other users of the area with respect and care.
- The customer is responsible for covering the loss of the kayak or safety equipment if stolen or broken during the rental period.
- We recommend that you have a valid insurance covering injuries and theft.
- If the kayak is returned after the scheduled time, extra fees might apply.